How Rewards WorkThis is also a good time to repost the basics of how Brave Rewards works. Brave has never kept for itself or reclaimed donations that are made to creators:
- Brave Rewards allows users to anonymously donate to their favorite content providers, even if they have not yet registered as creators. As contributions build up, Brave will attempt to notify creators that they have tokens waiting for them.
- Users can also disable the “allow contributions to non-verified sites” option in their Brave Rewards Auto-Contribute settings (see image below). This ensures that contributions are made only to sites for publishers that have already verified with the platform.
- All of the BAT donated to content creators through the Brave Rewards program are settled during the first half of the month.
- When creators join the program, all donations earmarked for them are immediately transferred to their account, and they can keep earning BAT in the future.
Future ChangesIn the future, we plan to implement the following features to make Brave Rewards even more straightforward and appealing to its users:
- In the near term, an opt-out option for creators who do not wish to receive donations.
- We are also considering switching the default so users cannot tip or donate to unverified creators.
- A change so that users may contribute only UGP-granted tokens to unverified creators, but can contribute self-funded and grant-funded tokens in any combination to verified creators.
The Basic Attention Token is the new token for the digital advertising industry. It pays publishers for their content and users for their attention, while providing advertisers with more in return for their ads.